View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 27, 2015, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post

R1 rounds third a few feet into foul territory (not very wide), and is running just barely in foul ground the last 30 feet to home. R1 begins her slide just before reaching F2. Her feet and hips pass F2 cleanly as she goes to the ground. As she began to pass F2, she raised her left shoulder and arm to draw contact with F2. Contact was made in the ribs/hips area with F2, knocking her down. The contact was made roughly at the same instant the slide happened, i.e., just as she hit the dirt with her backside. The best way to describe the motion would be R1 pivoting at the waist to face the 3B stands while sliding, raising the shoulder into F2.

Feet clear past F2 like this example pic, but with contact and a raised left shoulder. Imagine that #24 rotates the upper body to the right to face more to the camera. Contact is 5 feet from the plate.

Sorry if this is unclear or repeats itself. Keep in mind all of this happens in maybe a quarter second, and my eyes are on F2 as I try to position for what is likely to be a swipe tag. I saw the contact with central vision, but the rest of the play was in the peripheral vision and I may have missed a detail. The slide wasn't dirty, but it didn't look too clean either.
Having a hard time envisioning #24 making serious contact with any part of the body if facing away from the catcher.