View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 25, 2015, 04:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Not according to Camron Rust.

Back, in the twentieth century, when assigning was done with land line phone calls, and the United States Postal Service, we occasionally had too many officials, or no officials, showing up at games that may, or may not, have been properly scheduled. Back then, in the olden days, it was imperative that officials confirmed games by the United States Postal Service, or by land line phone calls, to prevent mistakes.

Now that we've moved to computerized assigning, and email contacts, there is a far less likely chance for a mistake to be made, but sometimes human error will rear it's ugly head, and that's why it's important that officials still confirm their games.

I spend about fifteen minutes, every Sunday, sending emails to confirm games with athletic directors, and partners, for games coming up that week. I feel that it's time well spent.
I have been part of a situation where a college game, requiring significant travel, was double booked. Each school's assignor thought they were responsible for covering the game. We only found out because my crew chief called the school to confirm 24 hours prior. The non-working crew was still paid for the game.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Sun Oct 25, 2015 at 11:38pm.