View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 25, 2015, 03:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Confirmation ...

My local board uses Arbiter to assign games, but our assignment commissioner still insists that we confirm all of our games with our partner, and the school.

I my case, I don't mind confirming because I don't get a cell phone signal at work, nor do I get email at work, so I make sure, in my confirmation email, that the athletic director knows exactly how to get in touch with me if there is a change in the game assignment.

Several times, over the past several years, I've received emails from athletic directors, in response to my confirmation email, that read something like, "Thanks for the confirmation email. It reminded me that I haven't contacted your assigner, or the officials, that the game time got changed to ...".

February 1, 2015

BillyMac
30 Main Street
Springfield, CT 06999
Home Phone (860) 000-0000
Cell Phone (860) 999-9999 (No Signal During Business Hours)
Email: [email protected]

Environmental Chemical Analyst
Acme Environmental Laboratories, Inc.
587 East Main Street
Springfield, CT 06999
Business Phone (860) 888-8888 (Ask For BillyMac)

This is to confirm that I will officiate the boys varsity basketball game at East Oshkosh High School
on Wednesday, February 11, 2015, at 7:00 p.m.

Please contact me if there is any change in the schedule. My contact information is above.
During weekday business hours, it is best to reach me at (860) 888-8888. I do not have access
to the internet, nor to email, nor do I get a cell phone signal, at work.

Sincerely,

BillyMac
International Association of Approved Basketball Officials
Little Corner of Connecticut Board
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 25, 2015 at 04:00pm.