View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 23, 2015, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Ok, here is a question about your MS VB / Frosh /JV in your area.

What format do your teams use. 2 out 3 or play all 3? If you play all 3 what do you go to score wise? Do you have a cap in any of the games? We are having a league wide issue in one of the area leagues.

Also, do your MS allow the libero?

Finally how much do your areas pay for a MS DH (7th then 8th grade)?
In my area of Michigan we work single official for MS, play all 3 to 25 (no cap or hard cap at 25 depending on the conference) and the pay is generally $50 for a 7th/8th DH. All MS is single official. The funny thing is some of the smaller private schools (which play 5th-8th grade as MS JV and Varsity teams pay higher than the larger public schools).

There are two conferences I usually work for HS, plus a couple per year in other conferences. The two larger school conferences play subvarsity all 3. In one conference (conference A) the format is if the teams split the first two, the third is to 25. If a teams sweeps the first 2, we play the third to 15. (bassackawards of normal). The other conference plays all 3 to 25.

The biggest difference is officials used. In conference A, there is one official for frosh, 1 for JV, then they work Varsity together with student LJ's. In conference B, plus the other's I occasionally work, there are two officials on frosh, two on JV, and all 4 work varsity (R1, R2, 2 LJ's). The pay for both conference A and B is $75 for the night. The other occasional conferences generally pay either $70 or $75 for a similar format.