Thread: No Lanyard
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 11, 2015, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I only use one in the summer or off-season games. It does slow you down and makes you have to think about why you are blowing the whistle and having to make sure you do not drop the whistle after the call.

I always use a lanyard during the high school and college games. I can tell you that it is big time frowned upon in Illinois. I know some people that have been held back over this issue. I will not tell you what you need to do and maybe you are good enough to overcome that stigma, but it is seen as an NBA thing. And that is the case even in the region if you work college ball.

Peace
I definitely will wear a lanyard for ALL of my high school games. I was more curious than anything else when I decided to go without the lanyard to see whether or not I could do it.

I've got a few more youth sets before the high school season starts...I think it'll become more comfortable as I go, but I like the way it made me slow down, and you're right Jeff, it made me think before I signaled anything about why I blew the whistle and what I was going to call.