View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 08, 2015, 03:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I had trouble parsing your last post on this, but this seems pretty clear. Your position is basically that there is no circumstance under which you would call an illegal bat.

If that's the case, then there's no reason to continue discussing this.
I did not state my position other than to say it was not "overt" as the official stated. Discuss away, but do not tell me it was not debatable. It was and probably should have been called, but I totally see the position of the Back Judge in this situation. But to act like he is totally wrong and the supervisor is totally right or that they have never addressed this situation other than to get ahead of the PR game is laughable.

I just find it funny people suggest something is so obvious by you see many more blatant acts at all levels never called in this manner. Without this situation with 1000 replays, I would have never thought to make that call. If they did make the call, the media would be talking about how it was a bad rule and that the officials decided the game in favor of the Lions. All of that would have been about fairness just like they said when Cowboys had their play in the playoffs against Green Bay.

Peace