View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 06, 2015, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The rule says "out of bounds IN the backcourt" -- and that's a contradiction

I'm thinking Jon may change the wording in the book. Towards the end of the summer he was phrasing this as "OOB on a boundary bordering the backcourt."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I have no idea, so I'm asking, but I thought the ball could only be advanced immediately after a change of possession--made basket, rebound, steal, turnover?
Quote:
I *think* that if B fouls or commits a floor violation, that A again has the option to advance (by taking a TO).

a. the ball is out of bounds (at a boundary bordering) the backcourt, except for the correction of a timing or scoring mistake, an inadvertent whistle, a held ball, a technical foul assessed to the team in control, or an injury, blood situation or a lost or displaced lens after the team has advanced the ball, or
b. after securing the ball from a rebound in the backcourt and before any advance of the ball, or
c. after the offensive team secures control of the ball from a change of possession and before any advance of the ball

Advance of the ball = The player in control does anything with the ball other than hold it.

What Bob mentioned comes under Category A since the ball would be awarded to Team A OOB.

Quote:
BTW, if you see Jon at / before your meeting in Philly, tell him he did a great job with his "layered plays" breakout
He lives for those things
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)