View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 26, 2015, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And yes I have lied to a coach about seeing the same thing when we have decided that we are going one way because IMO it is not the business of the coach to know what I am really thinking if I have not made a call or not. Not that it happens all the time in baseball, but in basketball I have had many double whistles and have something different from my partner, but tell the coach I had the same thing. I am not selling out my crew or my partner so that the coach can undermine us later. I will say what I need to say so that the conversation will end and we will move on and any disagreement with my partner will take place behind closed doors, not in front of the coach or on the field/court. If you do not do it that way, that is your right. I just would not want to do that and sometimes we need to discuss the situation at another time.
Well, in baseball, if having a conversation with a coach would mean undermining your partner if you tell the truth, you shouldn't have been in that conversation in the first place.