View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
This is my 3rd year and I still have trouble with illegal alignment and back row.

Situation 1-First of all credit to your association to have two person middle school tournaments.Here middle school is assigned 1 person on your own.Yes you have it correct.

Situation 2-setter from the back row sets the ball completely above the height of the net using overhand finger action resulting in an attack attempt for a teammate.correct call-way to handle the coach although I wouldn't have let her go on for 3 points arguing a previous judgement call.

How is everyone doing getting used to the cards for team delay this year? Has anyone had a host team take the 5 minute intermission between sets 2 and 3 in a varsity match yet?
Thanks for the comments. I actually don't just have 1 association that I work for, there are several different leagues that I work for around the state, and a lot of schools do the assigning for the sub-varsity and middle school sports.

As far as the coach goes, I actually didn't even know she was still arguing the call, as I could not hear her, but my R2 said she was making comments under her breath about how bad I was, and he finally heard it clear enough after about the 3rd or 4th time she mumbled it.

The team delay is a mess, I've looked at the book and asked officials, and some of them still can't figure out the correct mechanic for the new unnecessary delay signal. Some have even commented that as long as they aren't doing varsity and have no intentions of doing varsity, they will just use the old UD signal followed by the administration of the card. Me personally, I'd rather learn how to do it the right way, in case I ever do get the chance and feel comfortable about moving up.

Haven't been to any varsity matches this season, but I know my state association doesn't have much in the way of best of 5 matches. Most varsity game dates are tris or quads, so they just go best of 3. The JV match I worked Tuesday night was a private school that was unaffiliated with my state association, and they went best of 5. Come to think of it, it wasn't a JV, it was a varsity, it just wasn't a state association varsity match. Hmm, now I really feel good about getting the call right!