View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
No worries...I just thought it was Sooner-Longhorn banter, and quite honestly, when is the recommendation to get into more camps ever a bad one? Clearly you picked up that my knowledge is lacking in a specific area, so why not point me in a direction to help me improve. That's how I took it more than anything.

Regarding your comments about inserting my "interpretation" into the matter, you are absolutely right ( I just admitted a Longhorn is right about something). The literal side of my brain usually wins these types of arguments and led me to the explanation you gave. I just ignored it this time partly because I personally think it is silly that the exception doesn't go away ever. I've also never had an issue with calling a game as the rules are written supplemented by approved rulings and the interpretations of those with more experience and authority than me, so at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what I think is silly.