View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 10, 2015, 11:00pm
C'mon man!!

I got thrown out of the game!!!

So I was doing my first game of the season tonight at a local men's wreck league. (I know, I know, there's the problem right there). It is a league with decent ball with ex college and semi pro players. Before the game the league director said to make sure to keep the game in control. I said alright sounds good. Everything was going just fine during the game the occasional whine about a call/no call but nothing excessive.
About half way through the 1st half both me and my partner warn blue 34 to quit complaining about an easy call. He carries on for a moment or two. No other real issues.

Well half way through the second half this same player is getting a bit chippy. I look at one of my partners and give him the watch blue 34 signal, sure enough, we get him for an easy illegal screen for sticking a leg out.

That is his fourth foul and he goes off whining lol the way to the bench sits down and says, "call it both ways.." I naturally serve a cup of T and go about my business. One of his teammates tries to defend him and I told him he had already been warned and he kept running his mouth so he got a technical, and then loudly to everyone else, "and this serves as everyone else's warning." No one complained after that or disagreed and even his teammate knew he deserved the T.

Next play the kid on the bench is still mouthing off. I calmly told him, "I can give you another and you can leave if you want." The league organizer who is also serving as the scorekeeper says, "you are out of control."
I'm like, "for what?"
"I can see you giving him a T for saying 'F&$@ing call it both ways' but not for jut saying 'call it both ways.'"
"I had warned him once already and he is still running his mouth that is a technical foul."
"Remember what I said at the beginning of the game?"
"Yeah keep it under control." (The game was very much under control up until this point.)
"Well you can leave, you are out of control."
I was pretty incredulous at this point at what was going on.
We basically had the same conversation in the hall trying to pled my case but it was to no avail.

It was the craziest thing I had ever seen.