View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 05, 2015, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
Question.

In play 1, it seems to me that the C has a great, or should have a great look at this play. Any thoughts on him with a whistle. I know it's from the trails primary, any thoughts?
I don't think the C's look would actually be that great. He had 3 players pretty much in the line between his spot and the spot of the foul. Even without those players, the play was outside the paint on the other side. Not sure he should have even been looking there.

Generally, it is very hard to accurately judge movement that is going directly towards or away from your position when that movement is the critical element. Looking through it diagonally or from behind/front is better for lateral movement.

The C's position was actually the worst for seeing if the defender made it into the path or not or if the defender's knee was extended. The T and the L both have much better angles to cover the movement involved in this play. The C might have seen forward movement but I don't believe that was what happened in this play.

Even if it was a clear look with the right angles, not a chance. It wasn't better than the T's.