Thread: The Main Thing?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 27, 2015, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would disagree with this statement primarily, only because there are associations that are doing a better job in our area than others to train official. And there is a reason in basketball and even football where the State Final officials are coming from in our area of Northern Illinois. So training has worked with many associations. Are there still people working that you could make a case are not top notch? Sure, but that is always going to be the case in high school sports. But that still does not mean you cannot do things to help train your officials in your association. I know I belong to both Football and Basketball Associations that raised the level of training and it has helped many officials get to another level either in high school and college. And in each of those associations, you have people that will never do the work or "get it" not matter how much you teach and train. All you can do is put it in front of them and go from there.

Peace
There are givers and takers in this world. You, at least in the context of sports (don't know you well enough to make a broader claim), are a giver...wanting to help others whether they will realized the benefit or not. Others are takers, the ones who have no genuine interest in helping others improve and/or move up but are only/mostly interested in how any endeavor will help themselves. Like most places in life, more givers is a good thing. Takers, not so much.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Jul 27, 2015 at 03:15pm.