View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 22, 2015, 12:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
That is certainly true, but the question of why they actually do it remains?
Well I cannot answer about that specific organization. I can only speak for what we do in my state. Now in basketball we pretty much do everything the NF does except for a couple of specific exceptions like bouncing the ball on the end line or even how we have long switched. I am not even sure what the NF does in many cases because we do not use or give out NF Mechanics books, ever to the officials.

In a sport like football we do so many things different than the NF, I could not even tell you what the differences are. All I know is our administrator got so frustrated with mistakes that took place in our State Finals and playoff, he made sure we did those things to cover the holes that often NF mechanics leave based on their diagrams and lack of concise information. And I know in baseball we had similar problems and my state basically at one time adopted NCAA philosophies on many mechanics. I will assume that IAABO is probably not happy with NF mechanics or lack of change so they feel they are more in tune to the changes and change when they get ready. Just look at these changes to mechanics. We change a single we have been doing already for years. And when they do a change, it is a change that does not matter like a long switch or when we should not long switch. Following the NF and their mechanics is just frustrating.

Peace