View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 13, 2015, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

NSA - National Softball Association

I will admit to being very sheltered in terms of my knowledge of associations other than ASA for umpiring. During 30 years of playing softball - in town leagues, military, college club softball, intramural work leagues - I only ever had ASA umpires. I just didn't know there was "something else".

When I got off the couch a decade ago to get into umpiring, it was naturally ASA. It was only then that I began to be exposed to other sanctions.

I bring this up because this weekend at an ASA tournament I found an NSA flipping coin for their 2009 World Series. So presumably, whoever dropped this was a World Series Umpire as noted on the coin.

I replied to the tournament distribution list to see if anyone is missing it. I'm sure it would be a valued memento for someone. So far, no one has missed it.

I checked out NSA website to see what they were about. I couldn't glean much information from their site.

So are any folks here NSA umpires? How big are they and are they radically different from or similar to ASA?

Personally, doing ASA and NFHS is about all I want to tax my brain with. Maybe if I had got into umpiring earlier, I would have considered college ball, but that ship has sailed for me.