View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 29, 2015, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
Bringing this back to the OP, I think you can probably answer the question based on how you would handle my example. I say that because this is a situation I bring up with my partner in pregame (albeit we usually discuss it with regard to a normal swing that hits the batter). My preference and what I request of my partner is that he/she kill it if they are sure the ball has hit the player. After that give me a sign if it is complicated enough to need discussion. Conversely, I've had some partners tell me to leave it alone when I'm on the bases and that is what I do. To me realizing you can't see everything from behind the plate and having a plan on how to deal with it is the key.
Pregame usually goes as follows: "if you see a batted ball off the player in the box and I don't call it, call it for me." This is not the same situation. In this situation, as PU I would expect you to keep it to yourself unless I ask, which I will do if the offense is complaining about it. if you are sure it hit the batter first, I will change it from foul ball to batter take your base and then deal with the defensive coach if he wants to argue.