View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 22, 2015, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If teams are that inflexible, they probably are not very good coaches in the first place. And I am glad the NF does not advocate moving the ball over to the other side on a bounce. It looks lazy to me and we should move if it is that darn serious.

In 20 years I have only seen one coach even make such a request and that coach did not communicate his intentions very well. His team was never that good and it did not surprise me for reasons like this issue being an issue in the first place.

Peace
I had a game several years ago where the coach asked for the inbound spot to be moved to the other side of the basket. This was legal as the team had the end line to run. The coach didn't make the request until the team was already out and we were almost ready to go.

So I had to move over and get the new L and C to adjust. This took some time for them to recognize and understand what was happening, which gave the defense quite a bit of additional time to set up.

The coach of he inbounding team was unhappy that the defense had this extra time to match up, but it was his own fault for insisting we inbound on the opposite side.

There's little benefit to moving to the other side, but if the team asks I will always do it and force the L and C to adjust. It's really not that big of a deal. I do not bounce the ball across the lane.

I think the ncaa women's mechanic allows the bounce across (or at least it did at one point). Someone that works ncaa-w please correct me if I'm wrong.