View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 21, 2015, 04:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Eh, I didn't think it was that bad. He was very polite....we talked about Tony and Leroy briefly....and then he excused himself. I'm not naïve enough to question why he did; when you're trying to look at 2000 officials per summer, you take a few notes, ask a few questions, and then find out who your potentials are.

I'm not going to get invited into the D-League when I'm 35 with an established career. And I'm ok with that. I must have looked a lot younger than 35. That's cool.
I didn't even begin officiating until I was 37 and I was also in the military for the first 4 years of my career, so I fully understand not being a viable candidate for certain levels of officiating.

But he is not always operating as a D-League scout, he is also a member of the conference that you were trying out for. If you had been a MD/DC IAABO official he would have had at least some type tips to pass on, even if you aren't the right fit for the D-League.

I've seen him in operation for quite a few years as a member of a couple of different conferences. He is just off-putting to me.

Last edited by Raymond; Sun Jun 21, 2015 at 04:16pm.