View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 08, 2015, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
So I can be in the first slot and lift my right leg and lay it across your left leg or place my right arm against your chest? I disagree. a player has a space. verticality applies. if a player lifts an arm or leg into the other space (even if not touching ground) im going to tell them immediately to knock it off. if they dont i will call the violation. (or put delayed violation sign out etc. )

Again, i think they are after the players going all in early as opposed to guys in the spaces making a bit of contact with hands arms...
1. The first line under Verticality in NF 4-45 says "Verticality applies to a legal position." By rule there is (generally) nothing illegal about just touching someone - during a FT or otherwise.

2. The situation you describe of "lift(ing) my right leg and lay(ing) it across your left leg)" is already a violation under 9-1-3g because a player would have to move their right foot beyond the edge of their lane space. So by all means, call the violation.

3. A player moving their arm into someone else's lane space is not a violation by rule. If there's enough contact it may be a foul. If that's the case, call the foul.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)