View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2015, 01:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Note that none of this is what the OP should require. I agree that what the assigner is doing is sufficient. But let's be clear, all he's doing is apologizing. I have never understood why the promise of future games is considered some sort of peace offering. Would he not have gotten those games otherwise? Are they somehow better than the games he would have gotten otherwise?

The fact is the OP lost money that day.

What should the assigner have done after it was too late to let the OP work? Offer to pay him for one of the games he showed up for? If we show up to a game and the game gets cancelled, the school pays us anyway. If we show up to a game and the assigner cancels (due to too many officials), the assigner should pay.
Well I do not expect the assignor to pay any money if he sent you away. Also future games might be a way you might get something you would not have normally received. But I get your perspective, I just think that all the guy can do at this time is offer him something. If he doesn't follow through, then you know what he really is about. Maybe at the time like many of us we think we are doing the right thing and after looking at the situation with some distance, we make it right. We have all been there. I guess time will tell.

Peace