Thread: Blind as a Bat
View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2015, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Blind as a Bat

Seems as some of the coaches/fans over the years were right. I am blind as a bat, or at least on that path. I've always had 20/10 vision. Last 2-3 years I got readers just for up close reading. I still see good in distance but close to mid I'm getting worse quick (far sighted). My eyes are getting worse and I need some correction but am worried about contacts. Anything with the eyes is very uncomfortable for me. Last year, I didn't need any continuous correction but I've noticed difference and am about to go to appointment with optometrist so just wanted to see what others thought before I go. I don't even know if contacts are an option but will find out soon. So what I'm wondering is if any of you had to deal with this how did you do it? Do you wear a special sport glasses that stay on easier? Would you wear glasses while reffing? That will be my first choice over glasses but we'll see. I'm afraid in basketball that I won't be able to keep glasses on easily and would most likely be picking at them a lot. I don't really notice a lot of officials wearing glasses but never really thought about it. What's your take?

Roger