View Single Post
Old Wed May 20, 2015, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
How can they make a claim like rebounding vioaltions are among the leading cause of injuries that are happening?

Did they commision a study?

Are they just asking people what they see and remember because most officials aren't going to know about a sprain or strain or contusion at the time it happens its going to be in the days following . . .

Or are they using an arbitrary statement like "among the leading causes" because they can't technically be wrong but don't have any valid evidence . ..

I don't mind making rebounding action a POE but I would like a rationale for anything to be a little more grounded in evidence then the information provided.
As I recall from seeing other releases on football and baseball, they indeed do have a long-standing and well-maintained injury database going back quite a few years. Now, of course, it's only as good as the input data but that would be true of any study.

Edited to add: Here's further information on the study...one of the sponsors is the CDC.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/co...s/default.aspx

Last edited by scrounge; Wed May 20, 2015 at 09:23am. Reason: further information, link