View Single Post
Old Fri May 08, 2015, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Since I do not yet have any assignments for HS playoffs here, and Juco is all wrapped up, I'm assuming the meat and potatoes of this year is over for me. Not a bad spring: I worked 70 games or so. Here are three situations that came up that I am interested in hearing fellow umpire's opinions about. What would you have done?

Situation 3 (Game Management): Who do you eject? (NCAA)

Close ball game, I'm on the plate, 4th or 5th inning. Visiting team (on defense) crosses the line by saying a magic word regarding a ball/strike call (Assistant coach: "This guy is horrible!" among the rest of the comments). I warned the dugout that the zone was not up for discussion, and I'd heard all I was going to hear. Assistant coach wants clarification and I walk down to the bench and tell the hitting coach, assistant, and junior assistant coach to knock it off. Next pitch: swinging strike on a rise ball. Someone on the near end of the visiting bench, while I am signalling, with my eyes on the pitcher: "Blue, you sure?"

I know someone needs to leave, but I don't know exactly who that is because I wasn't looking that way. Who do you think needs ejected?
Part in Red= Ejection.
Why are you cutting the AC who made that comment any slack???