View Single Post
Old Tue May 05, 2015, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra View Post
For the past few summers I've made it a habit to only attend the camps of assigners for whom I work. It's certainly helped my game schedule, but since I'm only seeing clinicians I take the floor with during the season ... I don't feel like I'm being pushed and thus not really improving. Long story short, I'm heading to Lewisville and a brand new camp experience (for me) in a couple of weeks. Sometimes you just have to break out of your comfort zone, right?

Any info would be appreciated; ie, level of play (presume BV or maybe some GV?), showers and locker rooms available, that kind of thing. I know it's a quality camp, just trying to get a feel for some of the smaller details.

Thanks in advance!
Games will be at a variety of high schools/middle schools in the area so shower facilities, etc. will vary by game site. Every site will have a place to get dressed for men and women, although they may vary in level of comfort. The high schools in the area are generally nice. Since all of our games are not at the same site, I have 'comfortable' clothes to use when going between sites, but you are still expected to look somewhat presentable. You can simply stay in uniform between sites if you prefer. Shorts and a polo shirt is acceptable attire for meetings although you will earn brownie points for full suits.

Level of play will also vary between boys freshman through varsity, but there will not likely be any girls games. The top flight boys games can be very good (more like JuCo) and in general the teams are pretty good for their respective levels. I will say that the level of games you receive will depend on which side of GSOA you are on (men's, women's, or non-staff). Typically, those not on staff do not have as high a level of games as those on staff. The Big 12 camp has also been run at the same time as this camp in the past, so if that is the case again this year, then the Big 12 guys will get the top flight games.