View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 15, 2015, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Play 3: Runner at third, 2 outs. The runner jumps up and switches feet touching the base in such a manner that momentarily there is no contact with the base by either foot. (Pitcher has the ball in the circle) She has never moved forward towards home plate. Player 40 is the batter in the box when this happens (this is important in play 5). What's the call?

I have nothing on this play. The runner did not leave the base early, she just lost contact momentarily above the base.

Play 5: From play 3, #40 was at bat when the inning ended at 3rd base. Batter #18 comes up to bat and the count is 1-1 when the offensive coach calls for time and says she is switching batters to #40 who should be the batter because she was up when the call was made (play #3). What should happen?

I know have the correct batter, #40, up with a 1-1 count. Despite what the defensive coach said, I have no out on this play because no play had occurred.

There were all plays from tonight's JV DH. Play 1 was when I was on the bases, plays 2-5 were with me on the plate.

Play 5 will be batting out of order when #40 completes the at bat.
You state that in Play 3 you "have nothing."
Therefore we assumt that #40 made the last out of the inning.
Actually my partner did make the call for losing contact with the base (as he said she left early by jumping up and switching feet-his words when discussing it with the coach.). 40 was at bat when this call was made, so she should have been the batter to start the next inning.

Basically this game was a total CF both from a field and umpiring standpoint. I know I missed a call and I was bailed out by my partner on another. I still think he missed several as well. Add to that a field that is not in good shape and is uneven to the point of really sore ankles postgame. The visitor dugout was basically a lake, but it didn't extend into fair territory.

Basically it was a CF all the way around. The one saving grace is one team had a very solid pitcher, which made things go a bit faster, at least balls were put in play (the pitcher was the runner called out in play 3).