View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 10, 2015, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

You're right in that there's a lot of noise from the media, (especially the stat showing the lowest scoring season in 60 years) but it's not just the critics saying this...you have coaches (who make the rules) saying some of this. But then like I said, the instance that some of the initiatives are put in...then implemented, the coaches complain...it's changed back...then you're back at square one.

If any of these rules changes are going to be implemented, they need to commit to them, and not change back after a year. For instance, changing the block/charge from airborne to upward movement...is a big change. Coaches shouldn't have expected it to be great after one year of implementing...but I have no doubt that after 2-3 years of adjusting to that standard and all that come with that 2-3 years (including breaking down tape...adjusting...implementing...then reassessing)...that the officials would more and more plays correct.

My point in all this is that it does these coaches no good to complain...then complain when these rules are implemented...then change back to what they were doing before...which in turn returns them to the issue they were complaining about before.

And if I were a betting man, I would say that you're going to see changes in the name of increasing scoring soon...you're going to see the shot clock to 30...you're going to see the RA put at 4 feet...I'd also bet you'll see the block/charge set back to match the NBA rule in the near future.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.