View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 08, 2015, 06:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
In the past, it certainly was true that the good female officials moved on to college and gave up HS before they could move to boys HS but, to be fair, many good male officials in our area also moved up somewhat slowly too. The pipeline just moved slowly.

However, that is no longer the case in our organization. Good officials, both male and female, can move up more quickly now.

We just had a relatively junior female official (about 4-5 years experience but VERY good) that gets a strong mix of boys varsity games get selected to work the Oregon Boys 5A state championship game.

What may have been true in the past is just no longer the case. Qualified officials advance quickly. Maybe this achievement will stop the unqualified females from claiming they are not moving up because they're female.
I do not think he is referring to moving up in high school. I know I was not talking about moving up in high school. And it is rare where I live for anyone within 15 years to even get a State Final opportunity and usually it is much more than that before someone gets their first shot at that level. But in my areas many females never even try to work a the playoffs as they are often working a lot of college. One of my good friends almost exclusively works college ball as she does not even qualify to work high school playoffs.

Peace