Thread: ratings
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Is the Missouri system to help you improve or is the system in place so they can use an objective system to help make decisions?

Are not human beings making the assignments? I would doubt unless stated that the human beings making the assignments are not considering other factors. That is just a guess on my part, but this is why I have a problem with how we focus on ratings.

Peace
Missouri ratings are two-fold. They are used as a guideline for selecting officials to work post-season games. Playoff games, beginning with the sectional round, are selected by the state association. Officials for post-season games prior to sectionals are drafted by each district committee, which is usually comprised of the host athletic director and a few other administrators/coaches from participating schools. Ratings are also used to identify officials that may need to attend mechanics clinics again in order to improve. Ratings are divided into quartiles. Third and fourth quartile officials (bottom 50%) may be required to go through additional training at the mechanics clinics.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer