View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 07:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Tough Call ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
I just don't see this as anywhere near as clear cut as everyone else. His lower body seemed to have a bunch of momentum going forward, he didn't really swing or pull up much except to stop the momentum and maybe a little extra. This doesn't cross the threshold into excessive for me, but it's close. If he brought them up more to showboat, then sure, much more understandable call. Even his own coach didn't exactly give a rousing defense.
scrounge: I agree with you. Knowing in advance about the technical foul situation pushed me toward a technical foul the first time I saw the video. On the second look I tried to have an open mind, as if I were the official in the game, and decided that I could live with the technical foul being called, or not.

Either way, I would have preferred to be the lead official in this situation, not looking up. That's why I don't do state finals.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)