View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 28, 2015, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

This is a huge issue with me for a bunch of reasons but I'll be brief and stay to the OP.

Point 1: I don't think that the biggest culprits for travels that get missed are on finish moves I think the biggest culprit is on travels. No way ball is out of contact with the hand before pivot foot is lifted on a huge number takeoffs.

Point 2: I think a lot of travels get missed because of the physicality of the game and needing to officiate the defense. Difficult to watch the feet, hand and ball of the offense simultaneously if watching the feet of the defense and checking for arm contacts.

Point 3: Not just on this forum but in general becoming increasing frustrated by the idea if I have to see it on tape I'm not calling it. I get that if you miss one once in a while and need super slow mo and motion dectors to get a call then you have to let that go in real time. But if you can watch something on tape and slow mo or not see that you are missing the same or a similar call consistently the official involed IME needs to change their threshold for what they are seing or learn to look at something else on that play to get a call right. Saying its too close if its happening all the time means its not really that close . ..

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!