View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 20, 2003, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to Bainer Send a message via Yahoo to Bainer
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Porter
There's also, in my opinion, something to be said for the old art of shoe-shining, too.
I could not agree more- shining my shoes prior to a game has become a reliance for me- more than just routine or a chore.
The fact that I do it the same way, sitting in the same spot, doing the same things has become familiar. It also assures me that I'll be at the game 30min. early- I need to shine my shoes. Even when they didn't need them, it's as much a part of my pregame ritual as ground rules.
I pride myself on my ability to make my shoes glow- and the guys in the league know me for it.
That said, I have no problem with the patent leater shoes that I now own. I still shine them- just differently.
I also agree with the statement that well cared for, quality leather shoes look great! There's a richness to the leather- like a well oiled old catcher's mitt- that you just don't get with the patent leathers.
I like to think of myself as a throwback- but I concede to 'selling out' and going with the patent leathers.

Bainer.