View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 16, 2015, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Nothing given here except for an email announcement of who was selected (we select officials be be part of a pool for each classification that will work all games from the quarterfinals and beyond) once the selection process is complete, a mention at the end of season banquet with the addition of any championship games worked and maybe again at the first meeting of the next year.

I should add that while the association doesn't give anything to the officials, the state gives each official selected to be in the tournament pools a certificate and a medal. And quite honestly, the experience of getting to do it is far more treasured than any token. I am not even sure if I have any of my certificates or medals. They may or may not be in a closet somewhere. But the memories of doing them is something I will not forget.

Oregon made history this year (Oregon history, anyway) when a female official from our association was selected to be in the 5A pool and was also selected to work the boys championship at the 5A level. 6A is our highest classification. It was not the first time for a female to be in a pool that high but the first to work a boys championship game at that level....perhaps any level.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Mar 16, 2015 at 05:12pm.