View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 14, 2015, 12:11pm
Esteemed Forum Member

For Purposes Of The Written Test ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
And? There are other situations, all far more likely, where we have multiple choices for violations.
I sincerely believe that this was an editing mistake by the committee, not an announced change, several years ago. The goaltending definition was fine as it was before the mistake, it should go back to the way it was, and, as I said, in a previous post, it's more of a "test taking" change, than a practical change.

If it really wasn't a mistake, and they had a good reason to drop that part of the definition, then they won't have a good reason to put that part of the definition back into the rulebook.

Previous to the 2004-05 season it was clear to all that there were five specific conditions under which goaltending could occur. Let's go back to those misty water colored memories. Simpler times, and simpler pleasures.

I believe that this goaltending mistake was a simple "brain fart", just like the dropping of the "captains request a line up after multiple substitutions" rule, that was, I believe, inadvertently dropped from the rulebook several years ago. I was one of several officials who brought that to the attention of the NFHS, and it was put back in the rulebook.

Sometimes (a kind word, maybe not deserved) the NFHS drops the ball, and, then, somebody has to pick it up.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Mar 14, 2015 at 07:10pm.