Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Advice

I was asked by a friend to "help out" officiating a men's league he has put together -- I agreed. I watched this Sunday as a spectator (my son played on it, college season over) and was impressed with how everyone handled themselves. Currently there are no men's league basketball in our area due to S&$*# that always occurs and I feel that impacted how players behaved. I also believe that as the league moves on they may revert back to being As^$& . My friend started the first game of the league with a quick speech " We will let you play a bit, especially in the paint BUT if anyone thinks about swinging a fist they are gone and if they swing they are gone and the police will be called. I talked with him yesterday and asked how the rest of the games went and he said he had one team start complaining so .......he stopped the game asked them if they wanted to play(keep playing but mouth shut) or complain (immediate forfeit).

I feel he has a good "handle on things " but looking for any other "rules" you have seen that help with the BS.

Thanks

RefK