View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 21, 2015, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Warn when warranted

As most know, I am an advocate of being patient with T's but do give them out regularly. As suggested above, it sounds as if you could have put up the stop sign or verbally warned coach earlier in the game. I will usually show the coach my open palm (stop sign) and say "coach, I've heard you and that's enough". Continued comments or questions get the T immediately. Of course, blatant behaviors (throwing clipboard, profanity, etc.) get a T withno warning every time.

As others have also stated, you will learn where your personal tolerance level is as you do more games. Many coaches are able to ask questions or "work the ref" without crosing the line and many seem to think their arguementative styles or misbehavior ishow they are supposed to do their job. I never terate the later, I appreciate the former, and deal with the area in between as patiently as posible until they need a T to let them know its past time to reel it in.