View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 20, 2015, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Red face CE 2.10.1 Situation L - but in reverse

Girls Freshman, 2-person last night.

I am Trail in a helter-skelter kind of game. V team gathers rebound in their backcourt with a few seconds left and they start a fast break. There is a quick turnover and then a shot by Home team, near the 3 pt line. I am straight lined with players between me and the shot. I signal 3 pt attempt and a made FG. Buzzer goes off. Visiting coach asks about it and says the girl was a foot and a half inside the line. I ask my partner what he had and he had no look at all.

Here's the issue: I then asked the table if they saw the shot and could give assistance. Table says she was inside the arc. Changed it to a two and explained it to both coaches. Correct or Incorrect?

"2.10.1 SITUATION L:

A1 jumps and releases a try for goal apparently from behind the three-point line. The try is successful. The covering official does not indicate a three-point try and does not signal three points after the goal. The Team A coach rushes to the table and requests a 60-second time-out to discuss a correctable error. It is determined neither official clearly observed A1’s location before he/she jumped to try.

RULING: No change can be made and two points are properly scored. The 60-second time-out remains charged to Team A. (5-8-4)"

Last edited by dsqrddgd909; Fri Feb 20, 2015 at 10:24am.