View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2015, 01:10pm
This Space Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
I was just trying to point out that we called a ton of fouls and they just kept coming. So the "they will adjust" philosophy doesn't always work.
In my old line of work we would conduct operations based on "zero tolerance". This would happen when we recognized a particular problem in an area and the only strategy is to tighten down on enforcement to get the point across as best we could to deal with the immediate issue. This would be a good pre-game for a game like this I think, especially since it sounds like the crew was aware of what you were possibly getting into.

I'm new, but I've had at least 2 pre-games this season where this was exactly what was said by our crew chief when games like yours cropped up: Zero tolerance for bullsh#t. Set the tone early, be firm but fair, call the gators but make sure you watch watch for lizards after the whistle. Flagrant fouls, intentional fouls and a (warranted) technical or two may send a message to keep chaos at bay.

But then again maybe not. Maybe the cats can't be herded that day. But at least it won't be because of a lack of trying.