View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
Unfortunately, it's the officials who take the "who the @#$@#$ cares" attitude who pass out techs like "candy at Halloween" because they do not have the ability or people skills to deal with situations (like these) when they occur.

One of the points of my previous post was NOT that an official has to control the emotions of the coach....it's that officials have to control THEIR own emotions. An emotional response usually results in skipping over several options and results in going directly to the most severe penalty possible.

EVERYONE has emotions and feelings. The people (be it players, coaches, officials, etc.) that are able to control their emotions and react appropriately to situations, are the ones who achieve the most success. The best officials work to resolve the problem by exhausting every possible option and only use a T as a last resort.
Are you the same "official" that has only given 2 T's in 5 years? You're putting the whole relationship onus between the coach and official on the official. That's BS. I don't buy into it, I don't buy into that chicken @#$@ philosophy and I don't hand out T's like candy. Maybe a handful of T's a year, of which maybe one or two is on a coach, and I certainly don't buy in to the belief that I have to carry all the responsibility in this deal.

I agree with your last paragraph, but it's so counter, because the successful officials hand out probably more T's than even I do.