View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
Food for thought...

Maybe it's just me, but when someone, who is clearly upset/emotional , is asked a "loaded" question ("Do you want me to?....") or issued a challenging statement ("If you don't ____, then I will ___!"), 9 out of 10 times you're going to get an emotional response - "GO AHEAD!".
I agree that one needs to try and work together but who the @#$@#$ cares. Why is the coach not responsible for his actions. Being emotional is not an excuse. If they can't control their emotions I'm certainly not going to do that for them.

I've also found that the more you interject and try to talk to a coach that is very upset, the worse things generally get.

I also have never had a forfeit, and what was described I wouldn't either (at least at the Varsity level or higher). I would just adjudicate the rules as needed, and if it lead to a forfeit because there were no more coaches left to coach, then I would forfeit the game.

From the OP, I generally don't agree with how they managed what was described.

All I think was needed, "Coach, you cannot stand the rest of the game unless it's for a timeout."

Make sure he hears it and move on. From there you can call a T if he doesn't comply, but give him a few seconds to sit.