View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2015, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLguy View Post
playing under the rules used by the older levels

Perhaps its time to take a long look at those rules. I work a lot of JV games down here these days and sometimes it is a stretch to call them softball games. Good thing we have mercy rules in place. Even with them there are times when the winning team reaches a point where more scoring is pointless and the coach will have base runners step off the base to "create" an out. Maybe a no running on a passed ball would solve some of this. I also think maybe batting through the order once an inning might help. I realize there is a lot of resistance to any of these ideas. Here in Florida the powers that be do not want a tie breaker rule at any level. Just one old umpire with 50+ years experience thoughts.
Actually, way back when the game was getting started, a runner could not score on a passed ball and there was no D3K. IOW, the old 10U rules were pretty much what the game used to look like