View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2015, 10:23am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
It seems that there is a trend on this board lately of dissecting plays in slo-mo to detect small traveling violations. This focus seems to miss the bigger picture involved in judging contact between large men attacking the basket.

I know that when I officiate traveling is down the list of items that I'm looking for. It is akin to 3-seconds in the lane. I'm going to get the obvious violations when it becomes the most important aspect of the play, but when other elements are primary, I'm not even considering some of these travels.
I do not nitpick traveling violations, but pinning a foul on a player on contact that is neither intentional or flagrant aftera blatant travel isn't right, either.

One recent thread involved a pump fake, including a subsequent pickup and plant of a pivot foot, followed by the defender landing on the player. I believe you advocating that the foul was most important, but I still contend that contact happened with what was a dead ball. And even though the T came a long way, they got the play right as a crew. What makes a common foul more important than a correctly call travel?