View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 04:16pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I've seen the extracurricular stuff a lot, doesn't always rise to the level of calling a T, but it's something we need to watch.
I had this last weekend. My partner calls a held ball and I'm opposite the table. Before I can check the arrow, V11, one of the players involved in the tie-up, pulls the ball away and swings her body so that she catches the home player with a shoulder to the chest. I didn't think it was flagrant, but serious enough for me to call an intentional technical. I could only when the V coach told me, "You need to call more fouls." I replied, "Coach, I just called one," and moved to my new spot. To top it off, this was 4th grade CYO girls.

Today, in my 6th grade girls and boys games, we had a couple of times where the players tying the ball up kept going after the whistle, but closing down on them while saying "easy" or "play's over" was enough to stop them and keep the situation from escalating.

That said, I agree with Adam. I believe dead ball officiating was a POE last season. This is a good example of that.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball

Last edited by Stat-Man; Sat Feb 14, 2015 at 04:23pm.