View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2015, 10:52pm
In Time Out

ok thx

But deecee

Why? Why not call it if the admittedly very unusual situation calls for it. Normally there is no issue when you call the first and ignore the second because you can separate them. But I genuinely had a play where it could have been called and I felt it would have been the most fair thing to do. Again, back to my point. Let's say there is three seconds left in the game. Coaches and fans are really into it.
A1 drives, gets fouled on the arm but as he completes his shot he commits a charge. So this is all one offensive play when the player had started his shot attempt. He makes the basket to put his team within one point. You have one Coach screaming for a charge. Are you going to just ignore the charging call and let the player shoot the FT to tie the game? You guys seem to be saying I should ignore the charge because no one would actually call both fouls. That just doesn't make sense at all to me. Why reward the offensive player with a potential three point play when he had to commit a charge to get the shot off?

Let me add a scenario to this. Say you do have two fouls, so you are doing two shots with the lane cleared then B's ball. But the charge means it is A1 fifth foul. Does A1 shoot or does the coach of Team A get to choose a substitute to shoot the fts?

Last edited by mutantducky; Fri Feb 13, 2015 at 11:02pm.