View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 05:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Colour My World (Chicago, 1970) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I wish the NF would just allow players to wear whatever they wish as long as it is a solid color. Who cares if they match or not.
I officiated a preseason scrimmage in which the players wore scrimmage jerseys, white for home, and red for visitors, with many players wearing multiple color undershirts underneath their jerseys. Because it was a scrimmage, we didn't enforce the undershirt color rule. Rebounding fouls, and out of bounds calls under the basket, that would usually be very easy, became a slight challenge. When you've got few big kids reaching for a rebound, some with a white jersey and a red undershirt, some with a red jersey and a white undershirt, some with a white jersey and a white undershirt, and some with a red jersey and a red undershirt, simple calls became more difficult, not a lot more difficult, but still, more difficult.

I believe that the NFHS is right to have color rules for equipment, and uniforms, but only from the waist up. I really don't care what the players are wearing from the waist down, with the only possible exceptions being a kicked ball out of a crowd, or an out of bounds call from a crowd off a player's leg, but we don't get too many of those.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)