Thread: NFHS Test
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLguy View Post
True/False test items become more of a reading test than a rules test. This former educator of 32 years experience wishes testing would move to well crafted objective multiple choice questions that are a more reliable test of rules knowledge and application. Yes, I know it's not going to happen.
20 years ago I would probably agree. However, in today's world, people have become lazy. I find it daily in my job where people presume to know what you are asking and give the answer based on that presumption which may be right, but it could be wrong simply because the reader doesn't take that extra 5 seconds to get all the information.

Then you have the people that want to read words that are not there simply because they expect everything to be so damn specific and end up giving a response based on something that is not there.

I don't see anything wrong with forcing the umpire to exercise his/her brain a little bit to hone their ability to comprehend the question.