Thread: Rec. games
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Re: Rec League

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Devana
A Game is a Game -if its assigned by your board the officials are bound to provide the service. If the heat is too much for you at a men's rec league , with few or no fans, how can you handle the big games?
I disagree that "a game is a game". It is the prevalent negative attitude of the PLAYERS that's the problem. Some of the players never played HS ball and never learned any restraint, and for the most part these "wannabes" seem to be the major problem. Some of the players who played HS or college ball let there coaches do the complaining. Now that they don't have their coach, they feel justified in complaining. I am beginning to understand why we allow coaches a little leeway. I would rather have one coach on the sideline complaining than have 2 or 3 players on each team on the floor complaining.

I have officiated two adult rec league sports (soccer and basketball) and both of those experiences were TERRIBLE compared to ANY high school event. My best experience in Rec League ball compares very closely to my worst experience officiating a HS game.