Thread: Internal strife
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 05, 2015, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
From a recent GV game, copying accounts and quotes from a Bangor Daily News article:

“Two of the girls on (Team A) were upset with each other ... After a timeout (A-1) took the floor (A-2) one stayed on the bench, they exchanged some words and (A-2) gave (A-1) the finger. It was, I think, unseen by a lot of people but the (A-1) saw it. (A-2) didn’t stand up and flip her the bird, she held it in front of herself and gave her the finger. ... (A-1) then lost her mind, she started screaming [obscenities]. ...[A] nearby game official heard the verbiage and called a technical foul. ... (A-AC) then approached (A-1) ... in an effort to calm the situation..... I didn’t see (A-AC) touch (A-1) but I understand she put her hand on the kid’s forearm... (A-1) ripped (A-AC's) hand away and shoved (A-AC) and screamed another [obscenity] and then turned around and ran out of the gym.”

Thoughts, if this were your game?

Post-mortem: After a 3.5-day investigation, the superintendent, principal, AD, and head coach decided to dismiss A-1 from the team. It was followed by an emergency meeting of the local school committee, which "voted to reduce the penalty, allowing the player who had been dismissed from the team to return to the squad after serving a suspension, which is believed to be two games."

That assistant coach has left the team. The superintendent also announced his resignation, effective the end of the school year.

Local School Committee Emergency Meeting???? Obviously educational concerns come a distant 2nd in this locality.