Old Tue Jul 15, 2003, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Say WHAT???

Quote:
Originally posted by gobama84
Quote:
Originally posted by woolnojg
Wolf,
to answer the second part of your question. I always pre-gamed this with partners. It usually went," I'll only ask if you're in A. If I ask quickly and point to you with my right hand, tell me what you saw. If I ask slowly and point to you with my left hand, I want my call to stand." If he offers assistance based on the catcher or coach asking, he gets the "death stare".

Let me make sure I don't call with you. If you ask me, I'll tell you what I saw period. If you don't want to know don't ask period.
AND LET ME MAKE SURE I DON'T WORK WITH YOU, GOBAMA... Until you recognise who's team you are on.

If I yell "Ball; he didn't go." And the catcher asks for help and I say, "Ball; he didn't go." "Well, can we just ask for help?" So I reluctantly remove my mask and point down at you saying "He didn't go, did he?" and you come back with what you saw and say "Yes; he did!"

You'd better have drove yourself to the game because you surely won't be riding home with me.

I'm just wondering how the rest of the game will go... Now that the players know that, if I don't give them the answer they like, they can ask you and get a different answer. That's pretty much letting the players call their own game because now they can choose which answer they like. There goes the umpire's objectivity and consistency. Thanks partner (heavy sarcasm)

Until you get this "right" you need to gobama your head on a wall.