View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2015, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'd rather see 2-handed reporting and some of the other foul signals (hit to the head, extended forearm, chuck, trip) become acceptable according to the NFHS manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Yup...I'd be 100 percent in favor of this...especially adding more signals to the book. It's baffling to me that NFHS has remained so stagnant with their signals....this year would be a perfect year with the absolutes, to add signals like "two hands" or an armbar. It's also made no sense to me that a no brainier signal like a trip or a hit to the head hasn't been added.
I'm in full agreement. I think the NFHS wants to keep it basic for new officials, plus they seem to have this belief that table personnel are idiots who need to be coddled with simplicity (which is usually not true).

In deference to new officials, I don't terribly mind keeping the official signals limited, but from an evaluation, clinic or camp standpoint, please don't downgrade me if I communicate more effectively using two fingers and advanced signals. That's when this issue starts to irk me.