View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 02, 2015, 01:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Well hopefully the C would be at FTLE, where I rarely see the 2-person Trail in games I watch. And it's not just C, Lead is reffing the inside post defender from across the lane. Not ideal, but post play is a reason (zone or man-to-man) for the Lead to get his butt over there. C reffing post play on his side should ideally only be temporary.
Well, if I'm officiating the post player in 2-person, I've dropped down to get the best look at it I can. Probably not at the sideline, but I've dropped low and worked for the best angle I can get. I've seen a lot of Cs with cement shoes -- getting to the FTLE and dropping anchor. I'd rather have a trail with active feet than that C...

My point is that once the post player gets the ball, it's many times too late to rotate. The goal should be to be there, in position, when the post player receives the ball in order to officiate that part of it as well as the rest. If you rotate after he gets there, you run a real risk of being in mid-rotation in the middle of the lane when the post player makes his move.